Wildblue - THIS company is BULLSHXX

2.5

Was contacted by a third party trying to verify a TV satellite install for the next day. Lady proceeds to ask me if I had internet.

She then tells me I can get the same speed, for less with only a 12 month agreement, and that it would be 59.99. Not bothering to tell me they had data cap on the services. They came and installed. Then I get billed 79.99 and it is for 24 months.

They was 345.00 to cancel the contract. I have learned my lesson. I don't care if that service agreement is on a computer and it is 14 pages long. Don't believe it wait until you read EVERY WORD.

This is the worst fraudulent SCAM they are doing. I had much better service and it was cheaper, I was onl thinking I could save a few bucks, as I am a single parent, THEN they scam me into paying even more, WHICH, by the way is only for 3months, and it goes up 20.00 each month. 99.00...This is totally ridiculous.. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WILDBLUE/EXEDE INTERNET..

They don't realize when the woman said the call would be recorded, I told her well that works two ways, I will be recording it also.

Have her name, number, location of her office....My lawyer will be getting all of this together. He is thinking about a CLASS ACTION law suit, but either way, it sure pays to have a family member that is a lawyer that will take this all the way...They have sharted on the wrong person

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Being lied to and my fault for trusting, But i have a lawyer.

Wildblue - No idea what plan I'm on since 2005

I've been with wild blue sincev2005,I have paid auto withdrawal 79.00 every month.yes service has never been up dated and it is slow but never did I lose all service. In August this year I lost service I called they said you used all your data.

Well I didn't know they measured it so I asked, how much data do I get? Well they couldn't tell me that because my contract isn't available. Well they turned my service back on but just two weeks ago I again had no service. I again called this time they cut me off the phone after passing me around.

Still none of these people know what my cut off is!

I am a senior citizen disabled living in a very rural area without wifi I lose the use of my cell phone. Not sure who to contact at wild blue but it's awfully strange that after these eleven years my usage has been questioned only recently>

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Stop blocking my internet ! I have 2 iPads and a iPhone how much data are you losing?.

I liked: Past ease of use.

I didn't like: Way they handled my situation, Recent treatment, Slow speeds.

Wildblue - Gotten so bad!!!!!

Chehalis, Washington 0 comments
1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I used to think Wildblue.net was an acceptable provider but no more. They should be investigated.

Prices are over the top because they know we are limited to few choices in rural areas. They make you sign a 2 year contract so you can't switch providers without big penalty. I am constantly on data restriction despite minimal usage as compared to many household. I don't do any gaming and am a single person.

Microsoft did an update (Windows 10) and that caused an immediate slow down which I will have for weeks.

Moreover, I am bounced off the internet numerous time each day. I am so fed up,

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Multiple issues.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Resent changes to service, Only game in town, Price, Price for what is provided.

Wildblue - Simple Review #1475507476

Bloomington, Indiana 0 comments
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I can never get into the Internet and run out of data within days yet they continue to bill my credit card and don't answer their phone smells like a scam

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Exede/Wildblue Email -

Englewood, Colorado 0 comments

Before Exede/wildblue migrated its email format to its current mess I had full screen email visable.

NOW if you take away the folders column, I now only have 1/3 screen of email that is only partially visable. The rest of it is just blank gray.

God forbid you think that Technical can help. NO. They just say there is nothing they can do. Cut you off and Oh Well......

Kenny Monday profile picture

Kenny Monday commented on a reply to this problem:

Mail box problems 1/4 size of what it was yesterday

I called and was told there was nothing that could be done about it. Wildblue email sucks!

AND WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE...........NEED TO CONTACT THE COMPANY IN SWEDEN THAT OWN THIS EXEDE/WILDBLUE TO GET THEM TO JUMP ON THIS.

Or start a Campain of War of Words to make them take notice. One and All Rise Up use the Twitter Virse, and make a loud noise.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Reason of review: They created the problem but will not fix it.!!.

Preferred solution: FIX EMAIL CORRECTLY AND IN AN EXTREAMLY QUICK MANOR.

I didn't like: Way they handled my situation, Resent changes to service.

Wildblue - Internet Plan Review from Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Coatesville, Pennsylvania 1 comment

I've had wildblue/excede for almost 3 years, only because I'm rural and it's my only option until they run cable. One problem I had is when I wanted to downgrade my plan, they kept telling me I couldn't do it mid cycle and had to call the day it renews.

Tried it 3 times and tried it online(got an email stating "it couldn't be done at this time, try again later"...so that took a few months. My BIG complaint is the reason I downgraded. I was paying for the mid grade service for only about a weeks worth of data usage before it got throttled. Why pay that much??!

So now I'm paying for the lowest data for about a weeks worth. And yes, everything is secure and I don't watch movies unless it is the midnight-5 am time period which is when I try to do all my upgrades for PC/phones/iPads. I realize they are trying to get their money while they can, but this is bull that these companies penalize the rural customers.

I can do more on my cellphone service then I can excede. Which I am looking in to other options, as in an unlimited cellphone data plan to use as a hotspot.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Comments

ExedeKim

Hello Anon40, if you can send me your info to exedelistens@viasat.com, I would be glad to go over your usage traffic with you to see where it's been going so quickly and also discuss ways to conserve your data to better prepare for your next month. Thank you.

Wildblue - Reimbursement for paying for a service that doesn't work

This is your current reimbursement policy (does EVERYONE know they need to claim reimbursement?). It is ridiculous and inequitable. 1) Make your down time known in advance by email and on your web and this facebook page. 2) Automate the reimbursement - do not make us have to be proactive to get what is fair. 3) Make it a FAIR reimbursement policy. 5 minutes of inability to access the internet could be a matter of life or death in the rural communities that have no other choice than to use your satellite services.

"In determining a credit adjustment for downtime, we use the following guideline, based on the service plan you have:

10GB plan= $49.99/month or approximately $1.78/day

24 hours - 5 days of downtime $10.00

6 - 10 days of downtime $20.00

11 - 31 days of downtime 1 free month of service

Wildblue - Lousy service, incompetent client relations, bad deal

I signed up for Wild Blue/Exceed satellite internet to replace my DISH tv/internet service because it was the only supposedly-affordable option in my rural location. I was told by the customer rep that (a) the plan I selected would allow me to watch the 2-3 TV shows I keep up with as well as do my regular internet activities, which are not media-heavy, (b) that this was an "open-ended" plan that was not for any specific time period (i.e., not a set-time contract) and (c) that they were going to add even better access for streaming video within 6 months. I also made a point of explaining that I live in an area that is a major generator of wind power, and was assured that wind would not affect their wonderful service unless it literally blew the dish down.

After 3 months of adequate but not stellar service (the connection was spotty if there was any wind, the modem had to be restarted at least once a week), suddenly I was getting notices that I was reaching my data limit within days of the new billing cycle starting. I contacted customer service for advice on whether I was setting things up correctly - maybe I was streaming when downloading was more efficient? maybe there were settings I could change? The response was to purchase more data - no other option.

I tried for another few months to work with the limited possibilities; I now watch NO TV, just email, Facebook, and internet. My service is still erratic, especially when windy. My modem still goes on the blink and has to be reset regularly. I still hit their newly-imposed data limits.

My second contact was a chat with customer service requesting to stop the service. I was told that I could buy out the rest of the contract (which I was assured on sign-up was a month-to-month deal that would end with the return of their equipment) for something like $300. As a person on a fixed disability income that is just over 3 times that amount, it is obvious that's impossible.

Wild Blue lies about their service, their contract terms, and just about everything else. The service is poor at best in my location, their web interface totally sucks, their customer service reps are stooges, and I would strongly advise anyone considering their service to do anything possible to avoid this scam artist company.

I live in Isleton in the Sacramento River Delta. This website claims the town doesn't exist, hence the "hidden" location.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wildblue Internet Plan.

Comments

EhHereIAm

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said here! I've had a very similar experience.

It seems like everyone is getting a totally different "deal" and I suspect that they're just being told whatever is necessary to make it sound like a great option.

Data disappears when you know you're not using that much, they always give you the only option of buying more and customer service is a joke. That is, when you can a person on the line!

Wildblue - Dead slow internet speed

Englewood, Colorado 1 comment

Let's start by saying their service is only slightly better than a paper plate and piece of string. Today, it took me 45 minutes to dnld an Adobe Flash 16.8 mb update, and 30 minutes to dnld one from Microsoft.

Of course emailing only gets a canned, "I cannot help you, go to phone tech support" response. Well, been there, done that, so many times I now email them and let them know I am going to the Wildblue complaint site to tell people how bad they are. They promise up to 12mb dn and 3 up speed. The best I have registered is a little over 6 and 1.75; approx.

half what they promise. Their phone support people blame you and your equipment, but occasionally someone will slip and tell you they are aware how bad they are. That, is after waiting on line for 30 minutes or so. When it rains, w/o warning their connection goes down so you have no way of saving your session.

Their bandwith monitor is a joke but they swear by it. Well, I know they get paid to lie but they must think we are all pretty *** to fall for the same story every time. They cannot, and will not, prove exactly what you use, but they sure will throttle you down when their meter registers you hit the limit. There have been months when I have lost connectivity 50-60 times and they say it's my router.

I know it isn't but they insist it is!!! Consumers Report listed them as the worst; solid black across the board and I am waiting for a response, but not holding my breath, as to how they plan on improving their service. I would not have these people if I had a choice, but I don't.

I can only hope either enough people will complain to the point they improve service, or another provider enters the area I live in. I am not optimistic on either, but I sure and PISSED!!!

Englewood, Colorado, United States #813187

At this point, I am going to pay the disconnect fee and call Cox!

Wildblue - Terrible Service and Overcharged

Farmersville, Texas 0 comments

When I first signed up for WildBlue is was for the $39.95/mo. rate that according to the sales material was locked in for life, as part of the Federal stimulus packages effort to get broadband into rural areas.

Of course, to get this rate, I had to agree to let them auto-draft the payments from my bank account (this will come in to play later). Less than a year into the 2 year commitment the service was SO bad that I couldn't even check e-mail reliably. I called for a technician to come out. I was at work the only time that the technician had available to come out to my rural house so I had to get my father-in-law to let him in.

Apparently he decided, on his own, without calling me to confirm, that the only way to improve my service was to upgrade my equipment and put me on the commercial plan for $69.95/mo. Because the payments were auto-drafted I never noticed the increase until after we had moved and I was trying to get the service disconnected. I asked for them to disconnect the service in the online chat, but of course you have to call to do that. Probably because they want a chance to try to talk you out of it.

So a couple hours later, when I was home, I called and asked them to cancel. The "dude" I spoke with assured me it was cancelled. Well, guess what? It wasn't cancelled because I kept getting billed.

This went on for 5 more months and I finally just now, I hope, I finally got them to cancel it, but they refused to make any sort of admission that they messed up on the account upgrade. They can't prove that I approved of the upgrade, all they have is the technician's statement in the service log that I requested it, which is a lie. He never spoke to me about upgrading anything. He was there to fix the crappy service, that's all.

I would never have paid $70/mo. for laggy satellite internet service, not when I could get fixed wireless for $55/mo. Oh, and the kicker, they're still going to charge me over $100 early termination fee because I didn't suffer out the full 24 months of the contract. After going around with them today in chat and over the phone, they finally conceded to refund my last month's payment.

So with all the over-charging and the early termination fee, they screwed me out of $630 and I'm supposed to feel better because they're willing to give me $70 back. My recommendation, never WildBlue or ViaSat or whatever they're calling themselves now.

Fixed wireless or mobile broadband like WiMax is a better way to go if it's available. If it's not available, seriously, dial-up would have been better than this experience.