I've had wildblue/excede for almost 3 years, only because I'm rural and it's my only option until they run cable.One problem I had is when I wanted to downgrade my plan, they kept telling me I couldn't do it mid cycle and had to call the day it renews.

Tried it 3 times and tried it online(got an email stating "it couldn't be done at this time, try again later"...so that took a few months. My BIG complaint is the reason I downgraded. I was paying for the mid grade service for only about a weeks worth of data usage before it got throttled. Why pay that much??!

So now I'm paying for the lowest data for about a weeks worth. And yes, everything is secure and I don't watch movies unless it is the midnight-5 am time period which is when I try to do all my upgrades for PC/phones/iPads. I realize they are trying to get their money while they can, but this is bull that these companies penalize the rural customers.

I can do more on my cellphone service then I can excede.Which I am looking in to other options, as in an unlimited cellphone data plan to use as a hotspot.

Anon40 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Wildblue. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wildblue to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wildblue and wildblue internet plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Wildblue?

Comments

ExedeKim

Hello Anon40, if you can send me your info to exedelistens@viasat.com, I would be glad to go over your usage traffic with you to see where it's been going so quickly and also discuss ways to conserve your data to better prepare for your next month. Thank you.