I have been a Wildblue customer for almost 2 years. I have never had the download speed that I paid for and I even upgraded!

They have a Fair Access Policy which will prevent you from even getting on the internet if you exceed the download amount you pay for, but that is bound to happen because you have to keep your computer running for hours, even days in order to download anything. Their excuse when you call their poorly named customer service department is "many people are on the web, so it slows the speed". So, from anywhere from a few days to a few weeks you can barely get on to check your email and it take several minutes for a page to load.

Everyone that has signed up for Wildblue in my area is complaining of the same problem. Basically, you are paying for internet service, but not getting it, and you still have to pay no matter how slow the service is!

Review about: Wildblue Internet Service.

Comments

Wildblue has the poorest customer service. They fraudulently charge your credit card after you cancel service.

Then they claim you have to pay for service you didn't use.

Will end up having to file a dispute with your bank and you will be very frustrated. Besides the fact that they don't give you what they tell you that you should get speed wise you should not experience the fraud of this company.

Their Internet service? sucks!!!

Their Customer Service is even worse. You have a problem, they sub-let the problem to one of their repair companies,then want to charge you $200.00 to fix THEIR problem. I was living in a Rural part of Texas before I moved here and had no problem with Wild Blue. But here?

It's frigin' terrible.

The population of this city is 80,000+. So I know it's not the excuse.

They really need to step up to the plate and compete with the big DSL companies and give UNLIMITED data to all users and allow STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. We pay $130 for this and we could have Charter and pay $35 for better internet if we could have Charter.

We come crawling to them to get decent internet and they have us pay way to much. F U Viasat YOU CAN GO SHOVE YOUR WILDBLUE

redkleo
Stockton, California, United States #636333

WildBlue/viasat is a complete farce. DO NOT INSTALL THEIR EQUIPMENT.

They promise 3x the speed. There was no difference in their speed versus DSL. 2 hours after equipment was installed I called to tell them computer was no faster than before. They told me I was locked into a 2 year contract, and if I want to disconnect their service it would cost me $350.

You have NO grace period to test their equipment. They are very rude and uncourteous. They dont care.

They have your credit card, so BEWARE.

I had been on DIAL-UP ever since I had Internet at home. B/S.

AT&T won't give us high speed. MAy 2012 I got Wildblue / Exede and so far, 6 mos., have been VERY pleased with them. No billing glitches, kind, helpful people on the phone, reasonable prices - and they even upped my usage allowance without increasing my monthly charge.

Sorry others had problems. More should write in who have not had problems.

BTW when I cut off my Wildblue service they contnedto Bill me ONLINE for 2 years even though I had sent them a letter via certified mail that I had discontinued and I had terminated the AMEX card that they were trying to bill me on. Their Billing office and customer service MUST NOT Be connected.

But to be fair when they first started I did get decent service for the first 2 years that they were in business.

javascript:ac_smilie(':eek')

Finally a VP of the company contacted me after I contacted AMEX about them with their long overdue failure to stop the billing requests. GLTA

Wow, Thanks for the INFO guys, I had WB 7 years ago when it first came out & stayed with them for 2 years. Then WB had a glitch & my employer paid for a Sprint MBB card and I haven't been back.

Since that time (5 years now) my Sprint service is getting spotty and I was wondering about the EXEDE program since I never did take my dish down. However I see the Verizon truck down at the corner and a BIG ORANGE SPOOL of Fiber Optic cable is being laid in my development.

So it doesn't look like I am going to need that dish nor this MBB card much longer. Thanks for the update!

We had Wildblue for a little over 2 yrs. We switched to another service so I called to cancel the Wildblue.

We never received the box to send the modem & tria back in so I called about 2 weeks later & they said the first operator did not cancel it properly. So we finally received the box. Sent it back but then was charged $321 because they did not receive it soon enough. Should be illegal without sending me a notice first & it is not my fault their customer service does not know what they are doing.

Talked to 3 people, 2 of them were nice, the other one was very very rude & tried to blame me by saying that the equiptment was not sent back soon enough. But it was because they were going by the 1st date I cancelled where the operator did not complete the cancellation. They agreed to refund the $321 but it will take 3 to 5 business days for the refund to be put back into my account. Meanwhile, I am overdrawn on my checking account & completely broke.

Yes I live paycheck to paycheck unfortunately.

The speed was slow & was not worth the price, almost as worse as dialup. If that refund does not go thru they will be hearing from our lawyers.

Had wildblue for 6 six years. Service was terrible most of the time.

Thispast august of 2012, the whole wildblue system quit working. We were told we HAD to upgrade to the new Excede program. We did, and it still works like ***!! And then they charge us the $79.95 for wildblue service and we didn't even have it!

I call customer service at least twice a week and get a different answer every time. They still won't credit our account. But they were sure quick to charge us $327 for the new Excede system!! It is all a total rip off.

Don't upgrade to Excede cuz that's even worse!!!! :x

I ruined a perfectly good relationship with Hughes Net thinking hey faster speeds with Wildblue, what a mistake! This has been the worst experience i have ever had.

I had to ask the first tech to leave and never come back. rude to the max. 2nd tech made a good impression so i was convinced. Got connected on the 7th and was disconnected on the 18th of the same month.

I was harassed daily because my billing cycle was on the 8th i was considered late 2 days after the initial installation.

They dont honor credits they suck in customer service. By far this has been my worst mistake!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Just heard the commercial.

AMEN! EVERYTHING YAW SAID SO TRUE!

worst internet service ever! Everytime I turn around service slowed down and can't reach anyone to complain to. For the life of me I sill can't log in my own account! Such a hassle,just give up!

No problem reaching me to say service slowed down and bill due,though! If I could get internet some other way I would. Told me,price will go down but ain't! Modem constantly locking up,hunk of junk!

Yep,this taught me a lesson. All negative nothing positive,at all!

bselff1

There is another option, I switched to Wi-Power which is also satellite, the cost is a bit lower, no FAP and the speed was faster. Absolutely no complaints after 6 months.

Bob

I have had wb for about 3 years and I would have to say it's a rip, but it's like a guy selling water in the desert, they charge what they want cause they know people don't have any choices, they are finally running fiber optics in my area, can't wait to tell wild blue to shove theyr crappy service and high prices up ther butts

GettingScrewed

I signed up with wild blue in april 2012..pd the bill to may 2012. I had to call in 2-3 times EVERY week because of crappy service. The tell me it's my pc. My pc is brand new. Finally after a months frustration, they send out a repair man that knows what the heck he is doing. He said it wasn't installed properly to start with. He fixed it, it works great! Called in to tell them what repairman said and ask how I could have used 5.5G in five days just surfing. Pinned them down on a usage reset date. They gave me a month free because not installed right and I won't have a bill in June.

In June they hit my bank and took out monthly payment anyway that put me in the red at my bank plus overdraft chgs. I am an old woman on a fixed income. I called in furious. They gave me another $50 credit...sorry about the overdraft...no bill next month. We'll see.

July 6 I checked usage and found they had bumped me up to a higher pkg (69.95). I called in furious. Lady said they upgraded me on 6/15 because I called in and upgraded. I did not! I called in to check on HOW MUCH upgraded would cost. Told them not to upgrade cause I couldn't afford it. Lady said she would put me back down to original pkg (39.95) but there would be a pro-rate in the difference of pkgs. Told her I didn't authorize upgrade and not paying for their mistake. She gave me $30 credit for the difference. Told her there shouldn't be a "difference" since the upgrade was not my fault. She's taking it off my bill and I wont get a bill for August. Right!

Didn't get a bill for July. ok the free month finally kicked in.

Aug 6 - called in to see if $50 credit will be on this bill. He said yes, I wouldn't get a bill for August. I asked why I got BILL the day AFTER they take pymt out of bank. He said bill is done digitally. Told him I don't pay water or elec bill before I get statement and don't care to pay this one without getting bill to see how much so I can budget it in. He didn't know what to tell me. That's what they all have said.

Aug 24 (my billing date) They hit me for $3.11 that put me in the red at my bank AGAIN plus overdraft fees. Was told I wouldt get a bill for Aug. from two different people. Called in past furious! Guy was from outter space or something he couldnt tell me anything except that $3.11 came from difference in 69.96 pkg and my usual 39.99 pkg with $30 credit added in and 3.11 was what was left owing on it. Couldn't make him understand I didnt authorize upgrade, that it was their mistake not mine and I shouldnt have to pay anything on it and now have to take money out of my food budget to cover the overdraft fee AGAIN. He transferred me to someone who could explain it to me. Got a guy in Florida and he said I should be talking to one in Houston. I am redder than red. Told him I would call back when I calm down some.

Aug 25 - Called back trying to stay calm. Guy said the 3.11 was from the difference in pkgs alright. Went thru what happened again! After and hour and three minutes, he finally understood what I was saying and what happened, but the 69.95 still figures in on my bill for the 3.11 they took out of bank this month. Told him I should have about $7 left over from the 39.95 bill with the $50 credit...where did it go that I should owe 3.11......they applied the $50 credit to the 69.95 yada yada. I hit the roof. he is giving me $25 credit for sept, says my bill should be about $16. The way I was taught math, $7 plus $25 is $32 and that from 39.95 should be about $7.95. I can guarantee it won't be. They have got to me for $70 in overdraft fees and I have NEVER had hot check or overdraw in my life until I signed up with them. That free month is gone because of the $30 credit given supposedly on the MISTAKE of an upgrade. 3.11 more for the difference in pkgs that I didnt authorize, $7 left out of $50 credit and chg'd 3.11 besides. And next month will be a nightmare Im sure. They got to me for about $110.11 so far that has to come out of my food budget and if next month is screwed up, that satellite is going in the dumpster and Im changing bank acounts.

I regret the day I signed up with them.

I have been a customer with wildblue for years,the service has been just ok and siow.BUT CUSOMER SERVICE IS BROKE AND NO GOOD!!!!!!!DO NOT USE THEM! That's all I can say with out using bad language :( :(

i just got Wildblue also within the past 2 months...Called them since every week complaing of there poor service and also not getting what i paid for!...There excuse, satelittle is 300 miles away, takes time too travel back and forth; disconnect modem, wait 5 min, re-connect troublsshoot all the time they do; THERE A PICE OF ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sent someone out too finally check it out; LOL; told me that they didn't support a router, that it interferes with the modem...lol...

Still doin the same without the router!.... Alway's excuses!. Also; they said that they didn't support GAMING!!!!!

i told them in the beginning what i wanted too be able too do , get on F/B and play the GAMES!.....OH, yes; u will have speed in 3 seconds.....LOL..... Yes, i wait while my mouse sits and spends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you mean DIRECTV/wildblue they installed my wildblue dish and no it is does not work worth a +++

Would certainly be nice if I could get nice, normal DSL where I live, but consider; what incentive does AT&T have to upgrade the lines for DSL service when they can get twice the money per month by forcing people in rural areas to use sorry Wildblue service. And since nobody regulates internet service, they have you by the short hairs, since there is no other choice and nobody to make a complaint to.

That being the case, you pay out the nose for poor-quality service and get snail-paced speeds. When and if DSL is ever available where I live, I plan on cancelling my Wildblue service, putting the equipment out in the yard for pickup and perhaps even having a bowel movement on top of the modem (which would be a good comment in itself for the quality of the service and the equipment).

I will never, ever advise anyone to use Wildblue internet service and I deeply regret the day that I signed with them.